Borgo Sansovino, Italy, Tuscany, Province of Lucca, 12-24 Persons, Private Pool
Borgo Sansovino, a hamlet tucked away amid the gently folding hills near the town of Lucca, is a gracious and luxurious Tuscan retreat that is grand in style yet not overwhelming. Originally a lodge from which wild boar were hunted in the early 19th century, it was expanded into a small village for the workers of the estate of an aristocratic family.
A modern restoration accentuated the values of the space and setting of its inner courtyards, softly lit old walls and enchanted silence. Inside there is a formal dining room, a kitchen for casual dining, a drawing room with fireplace and satellite TV, a music room with fireplace, a card and full-size billiard room, as well as a fully equipped gym. A genuine time-forgotten atmosphere reigns as guests are immersed in an aristocratic ambiance of weeping willows, fountains and formal gardens. Perfect for a gathering of family and friends, the Borgo is a home of such beauty, tranquillity and comfort that you will find it hard to leave. Main features of the Villa
- 12 individually styled double bedrooms (4 of them can be either queen or twin) with en-suite bathrooms (4 of them with Jacuzzi bath)
- Banquet hall, card & billiard room, domed music room, library, drawing room and wine cellar
- Formal living room with fireplace, with satellite TV, DVD and video library and fireplace with views across the peschiera
- Individually controlled air conditioning/heating system in each room
- Various outdoor dining areas
- Fully equipped Tuscan style kitchen
- Ancient wood burning oven
guest office with centralized music system, fax and computer facilities, broadband internet access, surveillance system.First floor:
guest area with wireless Internet access; Work out room with cardiovascular and weight equipment; Floodlit swimming pool with steps and stepladder access, Italian style garden,Phone line in each room.